Saturday, April 24, 2010

Weekends and my minimal motivation

Is it just me or is it much easier to get up on a work day and get your butt moving? Rather than save some of my heavy-duty workouts for the weekend, I like to get them accomplished during the week so I can do workouts that I enjoy over the weekend. Last week, I got all my tempos/long runs/interval workouts done during the week and still ended up doing mile repeats on Sunday. but that took LOTS of mental preparation to get my butt in gear. Today, (Saturday) I have a long run planned in about 30 min. It was HARD to get up this morning! It's going to be a rainy weekend here in Chicago so the sun wasn't there to greet me as I awoke. DARN! But this is PERFECT running weather-- 55 degrees, overcast, with some rain in the vicinity, but it's not raining. You know what I mean? I love it. Excited to finally take a day off tomorrow- that's all i'll be thinking about for the next 13 or 14 miles! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment