Monday, April 26, 2010

Cross-training

Are there every times that you know you absolutely need to hop on a bike, get in a pool or plain old just DO something else besides run? I had one of those mornings. I like to call them runs that "get the kinks out." I had a hill workout Friday, a long, hilly 14 miler on Saturday and took the day off Sunday and ran today. My legs were begging for me to do something else!!! :) I think cross-training is CRUCIAL to a running program. It strengthens the legs, mind and gives training a different perspective. My favorites are Cycling/Spinning (PERFECT for runners...intense enough to really strengthen the mind when it comes to tough runs/races) Swimming...works all muscles and helps soothe them at the same time and strength training, which we will love because it makes us LOOK GOOD...not that we need it :) I absolutely love it and think ever runner needs to at least give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment