Sunday, April 25, 2010

Rest Days

This is the first day that I have taken "off" in two weeks. Agh! Won't do that again. I had to drag myself (painfully!) through every workout this week. AND had to do extra recovery (FREEZING ICE BATHS RING A BELL?!) because I didn't rest enough last weekend. No matter how elite or NOT elite we are... We all need rest! For most of us, running well isn't our career and we don't have time to sit in ice baths, and cannot afford professional massage therapists...NOT that I wouldn't love to do that for a living...because I think all die-hard runners would. Rest days aren't only time to let your muscles rebuild...they are time to recharge emotionally and mentally to prepare for another week of early mornings and unexpected adversities. And that is just what I am going to do today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment