Saturday, May 1, 2010

Running Haters

Is there anyone in your life who does NOT like your running? Who moans and groans when your alarm clock goes off? Or gives you the face as you head our for an after-work run? I understand when people have families and are EXCESSIVELY taking time away from their children but these people have to know running and its addictive qualities. It is currently 6 am on a saturday morning and my roommates must think I am CRAZY! I have actually been able to wake up without an alarm the past couple weeks because as the weather started getting nicer I switched my runs to the morning, and I cycle on opposite days. So there isn't even any alarm! How do we explain to people that we (at least me) LIKE to get up early and get our run in. Running in the morning is peaceful and productive! It has hard to be a morning person in a sea of non-morning people. It is a difficult task [ to balance it all] when running is something that fuels are bodies, our minds and our spirits. I think runners can be flexible people...a surprise meeting may lead one person to have to reschedule a trip to the store or a dinner date but you know what runners think? "Ok I'll just push my speed workout to the morning and my tempo run to saturday and I'll recover on Sunday." HAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment